Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'm not accustomed to being ignored, Doug Williams

Doug (can I call you Doug?),

I've not been in the position of being the guy waiting by the phone, as it were, and I confess to being a trifle disturbed that you have not been in contact with me by this point. My American friends tell me that yesterday was Labour Day in the States, and thus I imagine you were celebrating the accomplishments of the Labour Party in your Commonwealth and too busy perhaps to follow up on my entreaty to you that we combine talents.

Maybe I am being hasty in my impatience. On your blog you mention your family and I imagine that must take up some of your attention as well, so I will allow you some extra time to act on what I felt was a sincere and generous appeal to your creative sensibilities.

I very much hope to one day call you friend. Also, I am very hungry as I skipped lunch this afternoon in hopes that you might be on your way to British Columbia to meet me and have a chat over lunch. I tried several local A&W establishments and also three Tim Horton's restaurants, to no avail. I came to understand that you were not coming today and so, I return to the waiting game.

No worries! I am hard at work on a little secret project that I can't wait to tell you about. When you contact me, that is.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Neill. I sent you an e-mail and added a blog entry about your blog. I also am hungry for some fast food, as my wife force--helps me to eat healthy. Sigh.

    I am happy with either Tim Horton's (which I have never been to) or A&W. I realize I hastily typed to you about A&W without considering your needs. I really miss their onion rings and rootbeer.

    Can't wait to work with you. Well have fun.

    PS Do you like beer? I do. We can even have some Kokanee, or LaBatt's. Hell, I'll drink Molson Ice if we can work together.

    Let me know.

    Your friend;

    Doug

    ReplyDelete

Unless you are Doug Williams, do not contact me